Status [entries|archive|friends|userinfo] Status

[ website | Videogame Music Archive ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Site down [Feb. 9th, 2010|12:11 am] Status

The server didn't come back up after a reboot about 15 minutes ago.

It had better not be because of another "Keyboard not present. Press F1 to continue." prompt or I'm going to hurt someone at the hosting center.

Unfortunately, I don't have the password to VGMusic's twitter or I'd post there, too.

Site note: I apparently need a 6-digit pin to file a Trouble Ticket to find out what's going on. Which I don't have. It'll have to wait until Mike gets up in roughly 6 hours.
LinkLeave a comment

DNS changes [Jul. 11th, 2009|04:04 pm] Status

We're updating DNS servers this weekend. You shouldn't notice any changes, but just in case...
LinkLeave a comment

Site down (unknown reason) [May. 12th, 2009|05:47 pm] Status

VGMusic is currently down. I'm looking into the matter now.

5:53pm EDT/10:53pm UTC: I can't log into the old EV1Servers customer portal, and the new one is not responding either.

5:58pm EDT/10:58pm UTC: Word on The Planet's boards is that The Planet is experiencing a widespread outage.

6:03pm EDT/11:03pm UTC: The Planet's bandwidth graph (may be down) shows a huge drop in incoming and outgoing traffic. The Planet's staff has yet to comment. If you can't view the bandwidth graph, incoming drops from 6.9Gb/s to 3.6Gb/s.

6:09pm EDT/11:09pm UTC: The Planet's twitter feed confirms that 3 datacenters are experiencing outages, including H2 (where is located).

6:18pm EDT/11:18pm UTC: The site is back up.
Link1 comment|Leave a comment

OS Upgrade complete [Feb. 23rd, 2009|08:14 pm] Status

It's a good thing, too, as my Internet connection is destabilizing.

If you see any problems, we have a forum topic on the News board about it. Staff have an additional topic on our Staff board to discuss back-end problems.
LinkLeave a comment

OS upgrade [Feb. 23rd, 2009|06:49 pm] Status

As mentioned on our site, I'm going to be doing an OS upgrade on the server tonight.

During this time, the website may go down. If it's not back in a few hours, you have my permissions to panic.

I will begin the upgrade process in about 10 minutes (7:00pm EST / midnight UTC / 4:00pm PST) after some backup files finish downloading.
LinkLeave a comment

DNS has been updated [Jun. 5th, 2008|05:16 pm] Status

This should mark the end of this week's major downtime run. The server is back online and DNS is updated.

If you still can't connect to the site, you can temporarily use - a new subdomain that will resolve to the new address.
Link7 comments|Leave a comment

Server is up [Jun. 5th, 2008|08:35 am] Status

...however, DNS changes are not currently being made. We are looking into our options for getting that up and running.
LinkLeave a comment

Server IP? [Jun. 4th, 2008|11:46 pm] Status

[Current Mood |angryangry]

I'm not sure what's going on over at The Planet.

The server is going to be at IP, accessable temporarily at or (if DNS is actually being updated after all the past problems)... whenever they get the server back online with the new IP.

The last status update was "Server has been transported to our H2 facility at this time. Please standby for further updates as the server is configured with an IP and is placed on the network ." at 7:13pm EDT. At 10:20pm EDT, I added a note to the ticket expressing my concerns at not hearing back from them. It's now 11:50pm EDT, and I'm about to head to bed.

Mike is expressing interest in upgrading to a better server. If we do, I'm going to suggest that we may want to switch hosts as well.
LinkLeave a comment

The server have started to move [Jun. 4th, 2008|05:56 pm] Status

The server is currently being moved from the H1 to the H2 datacenter.

Which should have been done yesterday...
LinkLeave a comment

Moving to H2 datacenter? [Jun. 3rd, 2008|01:13 pm] Status

We've filed a request to be moved to The Planet's H2 datacenter, as per the 10:15am post on The Planet's service update site.

In other news, they tried to fix the generator being used for Phase 1 of the datacenter we're currently in, but couldn't. Another generator is scheduled to be brought in, but hopefully we'll be moved to H2 before too long.

Update 01:58pm EDT: The ticket has been updated to a proper Move ticket. Unfortunately, I don't know the status of the actual move.

The server will be assigned a new IP when it is finished transferring. This may cause a delay as DNS propogates. I will, however, post a link to the server's new IP when it becomes available.
LinkLeave a comment

[ viewing | most recent entries ]
[ go | earlier ]